Various news items
Here's a load of news, some sequel/prequel/remake/spin-off oriented, some not. Again, this comes from Clint over at Moviehole.
- The sequel to “Ghost Rider” will pick up eight years after the events of the first film, scribe David Goyer says. But will it be more realistic? "I hate to say it's more realistic, because he's got a flaming skull for a head, but it's a bit more stripped down and darker," Goyer added. "It's definitely changing tone. What 'Casino Royale' was to the Bond movies, hopefully this will be to 'Ghost Rider.'" (MTV)
- Garry Marshall will reunite with his "Pretty Woman" and "Runaway Bride" star Richard Gere for the romantic comedy "State of the Union", according to Entertainment7 reps at AFM.
- New AFM Posters and Logo Art for "Scream 4", "Machete", "Resident Evil : Afterlife", "Tekken", "Outpost II", "Conan", "Bait 3D", "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse", and "The Toxic Avenger 5", are online.
- Bloody Disgusting reports that Dan Aykroyd will reunite with his "Blues Brothers" director John Landis for the comedy "Burke and Hare".
- Annette Bening and Anthony Hopkins join Andy Garcia in 'Hemingway & Fuentes" (Variety)
- Roadside Attractions has picked up U.S. theatrical rights to social satire “The Joneses,” toplining Demi Moore and David Duchovny. "Informers" babe Amber Heard also stars in the pic. (Variety)
- Sally Hawkins and William H. Macy will star in Abe Sylvia's feature directorial debut, "Dirty Girl," a 1980s-set coming-of-age comedy that's being shopped at the American Film Market. The pic, which also stars Lisa Kudrow, Juno Temple and Jeremy Dozier, revolves around a high school tramp who pairs up with a shy and overweight gay teen. Together, they set off to find her real father in California. (Variety)
- James Franco will follow up his upcoming stint on "General Hospital" with a guest role on "30 Rock" (Now that's more like it!), according to Michael Ausiello.
- There will be 3-D characters in the "Roger Rabbit" sequel, but Roger and Jessica will remain 2-D, director Robert Zemeckis tells the MTV Movies Blog.
- Steve Guttenberg is again tooting the "Three Men and a Baby 3" horn. The actor, who has been suggesting a second sequel to Leonard Nimoy's 1987 hit has been in the works for roughly a decade now, tells WENN that "Three Men and a Bride" will see his, Tom Selleck's and Ted Danson's characters reuniting for the marriage of young Mary. Guttenberg, obviously down to his last dollar, is also trying to convince the money-men to do another "Police Academy" or "Cocoon" sequel.
- Not surprisingly, Paramount are considering sequelizing "Paranormal Activity". (Access Hollywood)
- 1980s Rock Icon Peter Murphy has filmed a cameo in "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" (MTV)
- Sony Pictures announced today it's acquired the motion picture rights to the board game of world conquest, "Risk", from Hasbro. (Deadline Hollywood Daily)
- Monica Bellucci will star in Joel Schumacher's "1:30 Train", about a young woman robbed on a train and left alone in the city penniless and desperate.
- The trailer for Phil Noyce's "Salt", starring Angelina Jolie (my buddy Christopher Showerman was this close to snagging a role in the film too at one stage!), is online (/Film).
- The "Red Dawn" remake will ''blow up all of Downtown Detroit" says cast member Josh Hutcherson. (MTV)
- Steven Seagal's post-"Machete" role? That of a hard-nosed Interpol agent in Eastern Europe taking on gun traffikers and dope runners in Voltage Pictures' "Born to Raise Hell".
- Robert Zemeckis wants Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to appear in his "Yellow Submarine" remake. (MTV)